Vinblastine is a vinca alkaloid and a chemical analogue of vincristine. It binds tubulin, thereby inhibiting the assembly of microtubules. It is M phase cell cycle specific since microtubules are a component of the mitotic spindle and the kinetochore which are necessary for the separation of chromosomes during anaphase of mitosis. Toxicities include bone marrow suppression (which is dose-limiting), gastrointestinal toxicity, potent vesicant (blister-forming) activity, and extravasation injury (forms deep ulcers).
Vinpocetine is a vasodilator (improves brain blood flow) that, uniquely for this type of drug, affects only the areas that need to treating.This action has lead to Vinpocetine being used to improve hearing (particularly tinnitus), eyesight and even alleviate problems related to the menopause; Clinical research indicates that Vinpocetine has a positive effect upon damaged areas of the brain and raises brain energy levels.But perhaps most importantly, Vinpocetine can protect against brain arteriosclerosis.
1. It has vasodilating, blood thinning, and memory-enhancing actions.
2. It acts as a cerebral stimulant and vasodilator.
3. It is used to treat arteriosclerosis.
4. It is very effective in curing dementia caused due to insufficient blood supply to the brain.
5. It interferes with cells’ ability to synthesize DNA and RNA.